NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Friday, September 9, 2011

Product Review: Nyx Round Lipstick in Orange Soda

Nyx Round Lipstick in Orange Soda

I love Nude Lipstick. However, looking for a good nude lipstick is not that easy. Nobody wants a nude lipstick that can make her look pale and dull. As an Asian with a yellowish skin tone, wearing a nude lip can be a bit of a challenge. 


This is my first nude lipstick and I love its orange-y peachy tone. I bought this from Sol of Digital Traincase a long time ago. During that time, NRL costs Php160 but I think Sol sells it for a lower price now. Although NYX round lipsticks are not sold in brick and mortar stores, they're very accessible online. The only thing that you need to take note of is finding a seller who will give you a good price and a fast and smooth transaction. Online selling is very risky so always buy from a trusted seller. 


In terms of packaging, NYX has a very simple black and white design. It's not a sturdy packaging but not cheap looking either. It is chic in a simple way which I think appeals to many young women. You can easily identify the shade because the bottom part shows the sample color and the name of the shade is easy to remember. It's more fun when companies put names on each shade rather than codes and numbers. 



Another thing I like about this lipstick is its creaminess. It's very easy to apply and glides smoothly on my lips. It is not drying on my lips however the lip color doesn't last that long. I guess that's one of the common problems of creamy lipsticks. Nonetheless, I love NYX because of its wide variety of shades that you can't find in most drugstore brands. 



SWATCHES: 

Direct Sunlight



ON LIPS: 







Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Christine! I have Sophie Martin Velvet Nude and it looks good on my lips! ^__^ Will post a review on that next! :) Thanks for following! I followed you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pammy! You rock pink/red lippies. I like this one but it makes your face a bit pale. :( Nevertheless, you are very pretty as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks Jes! I will try to wear more pink lippies then. Haven't tried much red lipsticks though. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great on you :) i'm not able to pull out a shade like that on me.di bagay sakin eh hehe~ XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks Locke! HIndi rin lahat ng nude lipstick bagay sakin lalo na yung super pale pink na mga lipsticks. This shade is definitely not an everyday lip color but I love wearing it when there is a special occasion and I want to emphasize more my eyes and super black long lashes. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, a lip post! (Can you tell that those my favorite posts from you?)The color looks really good on you! :D I'm not able to pull off nudes like this, they need to be a bit more orangey, like that one nude shade from The Face Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dee! ^___^ I haven't tried any TFS Lipstick. I'll check that out. hehe. I have few nude lipsticks and the one I use a lot is Revlon's Soft Nude! ^__^ BTW, I also love your lip posts... I remember buying Careline Lip glosses because of your post. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're prettyyyyyyy :)
    but i agree with pammy d. pinks look so much better on you:)
    try sophie nudes :)

    followed!
    http://theadventuresoftinay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like pinks and reds better on you. :P

    The color looks like something that can work as an under eye corrector. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd agree with you on the pinks but not on the reds. :( or baka dahil wala pa akong nabibiling perfect shade of red para sakin. hihihihi.

    I became obsessed of Nude lipstick because of my favorite Photographer Lara Jade. She can totally rock nude lipsticks. :P

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts