Ever since I found out about this brand through Say Artillero, I was desperate to try this product. I've been a fan of James Cooper Cream Foundation but, aside from the fact that it is relatively expensive (Php 550 is still a big amount of money for a makeup :P), it is little bit heavy on my skin. As I've mentioned in my previous everyday makeup routine post, I don't apply JCCF on my entire face and I only target the problem areas. Although I love the product, I've been looking for other cream foundations that can perform better and, at the same time, cost less than Php 500.
So one day, I went to Watsons in Isetan, Recto to purchase Pinkie Swear Cream Foundation as recommended by a co-blogger. (Thanks, Christine!) O diba ganon ka desperada sinugod ang Recto para lang dito. HAHAHA!
What I Like:
What I don't like:
Is it worth a purchase?
PINKIES COLLECTION IS FORMERLY KNOWN AS PINKIE SWEAR. They recently changed their brand name. So if you're wondering what happened to the brand, they're still existing under a different name. :)
- The packaging is so simple and cute. The pink box is super girly.
- The logo of Pinkie Swear is lovely. It is shaped like a heart. <3
- A little amount goes a long way! Yes and I recommend using a brush. I prefer using Marionnaud Blush Brush. Then I apply the product in a stippling motion to create a flawless finish.
- I purchased the shade CCF-03 and it matched my skin well. In order to check if the shade blends well on my face, I followed the instructions given by Chriselle in one of her post. Thank you Chrissy! :)
- The ingredients and expiration details are provided on the box. Pinkie Swear Cream Foundation has a shelf life of 3 years!
- It is manufactured in France! Sosyal diba???? :P Not that I have anything against products made in China but it is great to know that there are still affordable makeup products that are not made in the country known for mass production (which could mean cheaper products but lower quality).
- It is very affordable at a price of Php 249! :) YOU SHOULD TRY THEIR EYESHADOWS! (Php 70-75 lang but very pigmented! I will post about that soon!)
- The product lasts long on my combination oily skin. But I still recommend setting the foundation with powder because it tends to get oily since we're in a tropical country.
- CCF-03 has a warm yellow-ish tone that matches Pinay skin. YEY!
- It has a pleasant smell. It reminds me of a scented powder. It smells like flowers.
- It has a medium to full coverage but it doesn't feel heavy on skin.
- I did not experience any breakouts while using this product.
- It can cover blemishes and dark spots well. Yey! :D
- It has a slightly dewy finish.
What I don't like:
- The logo on the transparent cover easily rubs off. :(
- The packaging of the foundation is quite unhygienic so if you're going to use a brush, make sure you clean the brush first to avoid bacteria building up and transferring on the foundation! :) Or you can simply scrape off an ample amount of the foundation instead of directly dipping the brush on the same.
- The packaging is a glass like cover which may tend to break if not stored properly. I just hate it when the cover breaks so as much as possible, I avoid dropping cosmetics. But I won't complain since I got it for only Php 249. hehehe. Basta makatipid ayos na sakin ang plastic packaging. :P
- Available in three shades only.
- Pinkie Swear is not highly accessible. So far, the only places I know which carry the brand are WATSONS in ISETAN, RECTO and ALIMALL, CUBAO; and SM departments stores in SM MANILA and SM CUBAO. If you know any other stores and branches, kindly comment below. :)
Ang bongga ng dewy effect niya diba???? Bunggang-bungga!!!
Is it worth a purchase?
ABSOLUTELY. This is one of those basic makeup products that is worth a back up. SERIOUSLY. (I did not buy a back up because I was on a review period and I wanted to avoid impulsive buying. But as an afterthought, I know getting a back up won't be a waste of money. <3 I love love love it! Also, there is a high probability that this product will go out of stock just like what happened with James Cooper Cream Foundation. Ilang months din yun out of stock ever since prinomote ni Say sa makeup video niya.) If you have tried this product, kindly share your experiences because I would love to read about your views and ideas about it. :)
Thank you for visiting my blog! Stay happy and beautiful!