NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Forever Parisian: Matte Brown Wedges

I love shoes. I love wedges. I love heels. If you like them the way I do, you've got to try Parisian. I fell in love with the brand back in college. Every time I visit SM Department Store, I always go to Parisian to check out their sales and new arrivals.

I love everything about the brand- the quality, accessibility, style and price. I was not used to wearing heels but when I bought my first pair of Parisian heels I was able to survive wearing it the whole day. The shoes were very comfortable yet stylish and chic. That being said, every pair of Parisian shoes I bought was worth the penny. 

Last Sunday, our family went to SM Cubao to do some Christmas shopping. On a side note, I DID NOT BUY ANY MAKEUP!!! WOOHOO! Going back, I was watching out for a sale in SM especially in the shoe section. My first and last stop was Parisian. They almost always have items on sale so I was very excited to check out a few pairs. I tried a number of shoes and I had a hard time choosing which one to pick. I ended up buying something that was not on sale but it was still very affordable and cheaper than the other pair I was supposed to buy. I've been looking for a great pair of wedges that I can comfortably travel with since I only commute from and to school. And despite the haste of getting this pair (we went to SM around 9 pm so I only had 1 hour to shop), I wasn't disappointed.  

Bought it @ Php699.75


I bought this by accident and here's a story behind this pair of shoes. 

I was about to buy nude Parisian wedges that had a 20% off price tag. It was originally priced at Php 999 and  then it dropped to Php 800. I thought it was a steal and, at the same time, I liked the peep toe style and the bright print designs on the side.  I approached the SA to tell her I was going to buy the shoes but I was surprised when she told me that the it would be 50% off the next day. I was just looking at her for a few minutes because I didn't know how to react to the information she gave me. I mean why would you tell a customer that the price of the item she was planning to buy was going to drop the next day? Did she expect me to go back the following day? Was she trying to discourage me from paying more? She might have had a good intention for telling me that I could get the item at a lower price if I waited the next day. However, I didn't have the luxury of time. Some of us would probably feel bad and discouraged. If you can't go back or wait for the sale date, why would you buy an item that you know would depreciate greatly in value the following day? Practically, you would wait for the price to drop. Otherwise, you would not buy it at all. And I must reiterate the word PRACTICAL. If you have the cash to burn and time to spend, then it wouldn't really be a big deal. 

I think it is okay to disclose such information but sometimes SAs should be sensitive as to when to inform the customer about it. I was about to pay for it for goodness sake. If you're trying to sell something and the customer is willing to pay, I think there is no need to disclose the information right before the customer pays for it. It's a sealed deal. Nakapili na ako ng sapatos, babayaran ko na lang.  Para mo na ring sinabi, wag mo munang bilhin ngayon. Bukas na lang. Di ko muna tatanggapin yung pera. Ano yon? Wag agad-agad??? Kalurkeyyy! Unless you can offer the customer a better transaction at that moment, just don't say anything about it. Kasi sa totoo lang hindi niya rin naman ako maaaccomodate kung gusto ko yung 50% discount diba? So kung hindi ako makakabalik, I need to pay Php 800 tapos the next day Php500 na lang siya. Hindi ba nakapanghihinayang? Php 300 din yon! Pangsine na sa MMFF!

I politely  returned the shoes on the rack and looked for something else. Hindi ko na lang pinaramdam sa kanya na sobrang nawala yung enthusiasm ko na bilhin yung sapatos. Wahahaha. :P

Then, my love for Parisian turned me to this pair of wedges!




Super comfy and light!!!





Love the Matte Brown Color


Feeling Tall hehe


I love how simple their logo is. :) 


Very sturdy and the straps fit perfectly





I love the style of this pair of shoes. It looks great on my feet and it can match my casual and smart casual outfits. The wedges are available in brown and black. This is one of the new arrivals and Parisian offers a variety of style of wedges. Check them out and I would love to know what Parisian shoes you picked. 












This pair was cheaper and it was fresh out of its box when I asked another SA for a new stock. I was still happy with my purchase and, although I felt bad at first, I was grateful that I didn't buy the previous pair. :P TEEHEE!


How about you ladies? What are your thoughts about the "SA incident"? 

19 comments:

  1. Nice pair! Nalorkey ako sa SA. She was tryna help siguro in a twisted sort of way. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear~ lol! baka type nya yung wedges na napili mo XD in my case, wala pa naman.but there are tons of SA's who really do push selling.that incident, I think it's unintentional.pero thinking about practically, baka yun pumasok sa isip nya.it's like 'if I were you, I would buy it the next day na lang' lol! they do chika din sometimes.minsan prangkahin mo hehe.pero syempre, kaka KJ nun di ba.bibilhin mo na, tapos 50% off the next day? winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes. Ako rin forever ko na talagang love 'tong Parisian. When I get the chance and when I spot a really nice pair of shoes, I buy it talaga. :)

    http://chrisellesy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah. I think she had a good intention for saying it. But I bet if the supervisor heard her say that, she'd be reprimanded. I guess I'm coming from a business perspective because she could have just let me buy it; it would not hurt if I didn't know. I really liked the shoes but the price change turned me off. Lalo na diba kapag sale, most likely hindi naman bagu-bago yung stock. Madalas yun yung pair na sinusukat ng mga customers before buying so parang gamit na gamit na yung sapatos although it is still in good condition. So kahit papano mas gugustuhin mo yung mabili sa mas mababang presyo. Depende kasi sa timing kung yung effect is to entice the customer to come back... or to discourage a customer from buying it. So yon.. kung hindi pa ako tumingin ng ibang sapatos, sayang na yung dapat nakabenta sila ng isang pair. But I'm still happy I didn't buy it. I found something better. Siguro na turn off lang din ako sa SA kasi parang mali yung timing niya. Hahaha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the matte brown color! I can rarely find those on my size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Maggie! we both have the same post! Saken shoes din. at we have the same taste ha, hehe brown din yung akin! ang Galing talaga! I do love parisian too, but that was before, I dunno why pero feeling ko nagtaas ang prices ng shoes nila (baka kuripot lang talaga ako). hahaha Anyway, ako wala pa naman ganong incident with an SA, ang ayoko lang talaga yung bubuntot-buntot sila at aaligi-aligid, yeah i know, it's their job to assist you, pero pano ka makakapili kung lagi silang nakatingin at bantay sayo? You can call them naman if you need their assistance di ba?. It may sounds rude, pero naiilang talaga ako sa aaligid aligid na mga SA. Nice post! Mua! teka, si Ms.Locke ba sya? what's the link to her new blog?? - Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey doll! love the color of the shoes! better check out payless soon.. the shoes there are totally amazing and at the same time the quality is totally good and its also affordable for a U.S. brand. ^_^

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://prettylittlepetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a wedge in a bazaar weeks ago and the style and design is exactly the same..the only difference is well, of course it's not a Parisian brand plus its in White color....for  only PHP400 originally @ 600 which I major major haggle thus lead to 200pesos off hehe.~ But I think Parisian's quality is more sturdy compared to the one I bought....=) With regards to the SA "friendly" advise....eh eh...uhmm..I would say maybe of good intentions naman cya....but but if I were you I would also put the shoes back and pick a new one or just leave ...because nawala na yun excitement ko...=D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hollie! I think Parisian has a lot of sizes so maybe it has a size for you! :) I love the matte brown color too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! You were able to haggle it for Php400! Good steal for a good-looking pair of wedges. I love Parisian because the shoes I bought lasted years. Even if I "abuse" them, they don't seem to really wear out. Hahaha! :p About the SA, I also think she had a good intention but tingin ko hindi siya madiskarte. Hehe. Still, thanks to her I found this pair of wedges! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, ba't kaya di nagappear ang comment ko Maggie?? I commented here last December 28 pa :( Anyway, we both have the same post. Same color too. I bought mine at Sta. Lucia Mall last tuesday a shoes with chunky heels rom Finickee and it only cost around 350.. Such a Steal! I do love parisians too, lalo na nung unang lumabas sila sa SM dept stores, kaya lang ngayon feeling ko tumaas ang pricing nila sa shoes (observation ko lang ha, o baka sadyang kuripot lang ako).hehehe. S.A Incident?? hmmm. wala pa ko naexperience na ganyan, pero naiilang lang ako sa kanila kapag sunud-sunod sila at aali-aligid, di ako makapili ng maayos. hehe I know it's their job to assist us, pero if we need them we can call them naman para i-assist tayo. Pero siguro nga double purpose yung ginawa nya sayo, baka type nya nga rin yung shoes. haha! Opps, si Ms.Locke ba yon?? Can't find her new blog. - Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jenny! I just read your blog! Nakabili ka na ng dalawang sapatos worth Php700!!! Nice! :) About Parisian, hindi ko alam, kung nagtaas sila pero affordable pa rin naman. Most of the shoes I buy are on sale kaya minsan Php 250-300 ko nabibili shoes nila. Kapag yung heels, minsan nasa Php500 na lang basta mag-antay ka ng sale! Try din sis yung Elegance. They have beautiful shoes on sale! :) May nabili akong magandang heels before nasa Php 250 lang. So napabili ako ng dalawa! :)

    PS. Locke's new blog: http://twenty4seven247.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Iya! :) I'll checkout Payless soon! Alam ko meron sa Alimall non kasi dati natignan ko na rin mga shoes nila. :) Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Maggie for the link. 
    Oo dalawa na binili ko, baka pagbalik ko wala na kong makita ganon ang price.hehe . Pareho pala tayong maka-SALE. ganon talaga pagnagtitipid. hehe Sige next time tignan ko ang Elegance. Thanks :) mua!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry Jenny. Medyo natagalan bago ko naapprove. Medyo busy these past few days. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're welcome sis! :) Oo pagmaysale talaga at magaganda yung sapatos madaling magkaubusan kaya kapag nasa harap mo na ang pagkakataon, bilhin mo na rin talaga. :) Mahilig din ako sa Sale eh. Madami akong gusto sa Parisian pero inaantay ko silang magsale lalo na kapag kasagsagan ng 50%-70% discount sa SM. hihihi. Tumatiming tayo! :) Try mo Elegance! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts