NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Thursday, September 15, 2011

OOTD: Checkmate!



This is what I wore today. If you plan to wear checkered shirts/blouse, wear plain colored pants that compliments the color of your top. I love the color combo of the blouse- dirty white and gray- and it has small crystals on the sleeves which are really cute too. I paired my blouse with my white pants and a mahogany colored slim belt. :P This will also look good with black pants.



The blouse is really longer but I tucked it in so it will look more of a smart casual outfit.  I bought this for Php 100 but I couldn't remember the name and location of the mall where I bought it. I got this when my family and I were on the way home from Baguio last year.  


Pants: SM Dept Store; Slim Belt: SM Dept Store





If you want to look more sophisticated with your outfit, you may wear pearls as accessories. Pearls are simple yet classy. You can never go wrong wearing pearls. :) 






I wore heels in this pic but I didn't wear them in school. I rarely wear heels since I only commute and I have to walk on uneven surfaces. Instead, I wear flats. ^___^ 

Heels can definitely make an outfit more appealing since it may improve posture. I don't know if everybody would agree to this but heels makes a woman look more mature (in a good way) and chic. 


MAKEUP TIME: 


Did you notice that I wore blush on? Fail. :P

Hello Pimples that I've been wanting to get rid of. :P

Hello Messy but Lighter Brows. ^__^ 

Hello Chapped Lips. :P













That's all for today! ^__^

PS. What product should I use to get rid of the pimples on my forehead?  I am using Celeteque Acne Spot Gel but I think I need something more potent. :(

18 comments:

  1. I really like your top! It's very eyecatching but also elegant :) I love your outfit, exactly my kind of style!! xX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Maggie :) Nice outfit ha, it suits you well! It looks so simple but elegant and chic! :) OH yes of course, wearing heels can always make you feel more girly at yeah tama nag sinabe mo it can add posture and honestly can push-up your booty!(panget ng term ko).
    Oh bout getting rid of pimples, we have the same problem Magz, I am combating with pimples since 3rd year hs, thou ngayon di na sya ganun kadame pero nagkakaron parin specially sa cheek area :( dame ko na din natry, pero some didn't work. Natry mo na ba gumamit ng may  Hydroquinone Formula? or panoxyl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The checkered top is so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jennifer. :P I haven't tried Hydroquinone Formula. May specific brand ka banng ginamit? I haven't tried Panoxyl too but a friend of mine told me it leaves dark spots/blemishes. I wanna try Oxy10 but I don't think it's available locally. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, try reading Janet's blog, she has lots of insights on acne/pimples! http://allaboutjyl.blogspot.com/

    But I heard products which contain BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) works well (2%?) :D
    Try an aspirin mask as well on your forehead :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit Maggie! About your pimples, I would have to say..hmmnnn...have you tried going to a dermatologist? Then can really help you with your pimple problem in your forehead. Minsan kasi if you keep on trying different creams or ointments, and if hindi mo sya hiyang it would leave a bad mark or scar..sayang naman flawless face mo :) 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Val. I also read Janet's blog however most of the products she uses are quite pricey for me. :P I'll try to browse her blog again for any products that I can try without shelling out big amount of money. ^__^

    I'll try the aspiring mask. hihihi. Thanks for the advice! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Chinadoll! I thought of going to the dermatologist but I'm scared of pricking. Hehehe sakit. Ok sana yung facial cleansing pwera lang sa pricking stage. Haha! ^___^ Thank you for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hydroguinone Formula kasi can be found on brands like "RDL" or "Maxi Peel", if you're not into peeling, (kasi yun ang effect nya kapag ginamit mo sya ng pure talagang magpepeel ang face mo at mejo magrered for almost a week so baka di mo sya magustuhan) I tried a lot of products, from toner, facial wash, creams (even the Panoxyl, but it didn't work actually)soaps, and etc. Pero haven't tried to go to a derma kasi feeling ko mahal sya dahil di ba may mga sessions yun? (kuripot kasi ako hehe). Pero as of now, gamit ko Maxi Peel pero i mixed it with Facial Cleanser like Eskinol (mix the small bottle of Maxi Peel with half of small bottle of Eskinol or any other brand that you prefer) it dries up my pimple, at maganda din ang effect sa face nakakaputi sya ng onti. You can use your desire moisturizer after using it, or pwede magmix ka ng Dalacin C na capsule sa toner mo. (Natry ko na din ito, at okay din sya. I think Dalacin C ranges to 60-75 pesos per capsule pero siguro mas mura pa.) Do you have sensitive skin ba?.. Hope makatulong itong suggestion ko (sorry for the poor english! haha ). Do you love nail art din pa? I' ll be posting nail arts din sa blog ko soon. :) Have a great day Maggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jenny! My mom recommended me to use Eskinol and put dalacin C in it. Pareho pala kayo! hihihi. Ironically, we have a pharmacy store but I only discovered that trick just now. -_- My tita, who's also our cashier in the pharmacy store, recommended that I use TOP GEL... Nakakakinis daw talaga... so I'll try that too. Thanks for the advice. Gamit muna ako ng mga murang remedies kasi mahirap mag-invest sa mga mahal na treatment tas di naman pala magwork. Haha! I love nail arts although I don't do them. I have short nails and I'm not that creative. I'm looking forward to read your post then! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Minsan talaga mahirap kalabanin yang mga tigyawat na yan! minsan nga sarap sampalin eh. haha :D tiis tiis lang talaga, most of the products kasi di din naman effective, kaya ako di ko tinattry ang mga mahal na product hehe super kuripot ako eh. You're very much welcome Maggie. Sige iupdate mo din ako sa gagamitin mo ha? para itry ko din. Inupdate ko na ang blog ko, I posted few pictures :) Hope you'll like it! You too. muah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple yet stylish! Lovee!<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hun, i think you should use a mild facial wash/soap..

    Try dermaline or dermclinic clear soap they aren't expensive.and try some toner with dalacin c or low clindamycin content to clear that..

    Try to see a dermatologist sweety.

    Hope it helps.

    Fab weekend to you .. muah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Diane! I tried Eskinol with Dalacin C. Hope that would work. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts