NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Saturday, May 19, 2012

SATURFRY: Chili Cheese Fries

Hello, everyone! I hope you're all enjoying summer although it started to rain lately. I'm pretty sure it will rain more frequently as we head towards June. I kind of love rainy days especially when I get to stay at home and just enjoy the chilly weather with some hot chocolate and a comfort food. It is quite relaxing when you can just sit down and watch your favorite shows while munching your favorite snack. Hence, I want to share with you a new comfort food recipe that is both delicious and easy-to-make. 

It has been more than a month since the start of my summer break and, yet, I've never been busy. Feel ko tuloy mas stressed pa ako ngayon kung kailan bakasyon. Since I have to work in our family business, I rarely have the time to  stay at home and relax. 7 am pa lang kinakatok na kwarto ko para gisingin ako  at maghandang magtrabaho. Tas madalas 11 pm-12 am na nakakauwi galing tindahan. Pero ganon talaga ang pagnenegosyo- Matira Matibay. Sana may sweldo ko. Chos! Free lunch and Dinner na lang po ako, Ma!

So, I asked my dad if I can have a break today and he agreed. I asked Nani to visit me at home so that we could cook some good food. My dad even asked me to cook lasagna because my signature lasagna is very delicious. Binola pa ako. Haha. Also, I wanted to try to make chili cheese fries because I don't know any local food store that serves it. I watched some tutorials online for the recipe. However, I decided put a twist to the recipe because most of the ingredients needed weren't available in the supermarket near us. 

Before I start with the ingredients, let me tell you that you can use canned chili. It will make your life easier. In my case, I didn't have a choice because Puregold and Parco do not sell canned chili. Moreover, I omitted beans in my homemade chili recipe because, according to the recipe I've read, I needed to soak the beans overnight and apparently, I didn't have the time to do that. (But then I could have used Pork and Beans instead.) Huli na nang narealize ko. Kaboom! HAHA! 

Alright, let's get ready to make this delicious comfort food! :)


CHILI CHEESE FRIES




Ingredients: 


1 Kilo of Shoestring Fries
1 Can of Kernel Corn
Sour Cream
Spring Onions
Grated sharp cheddar cheese

Chili Sauce: 
1/2 Kilo of ground beef
2 Tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves garlic
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup Tomato paste
1-2 cups water
2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
4 pieces siling labuyo
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste



May Kodigo pa ako. HAHA!

Pan de Manila's Sharp Cheddar Cheese is the bomb!!! <3

BTW, I seasoned the ground beef with Basil and Black Pepper.


Procedure:

1. Deep fry the French Fries until they're golden brown.
2. Saute the garlic and onion. Cook the beef until the water from the beef dries up and beef is slightly brown.  
    Kailangang mapalambot ang karne. 
3. Add the remaining ingredients of the chili sauce to the beef. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Using a different pan, melt some butter and cook the kernel corn. (You may pepper and salt)
5. Then plate the fries. Put the chili sauce, add a little bit of sour cream, corn and grated cheddar cheese, and, finally, top it off with spring onions.
6. Serve it with love. <3 Keberkley lang.

Prepared this plate for Pangga



Yum yum! <3

Prepared another plate for my brother Gab. Sinira ko ang kanyang diet!








I'm not a chef or some expert cook but I hope this is a good recipe that you can try at home. 
Let me know what you think about it! I also want to know if you're interested in more recipes on my blog.

Have a great day! :)

PS. Tinulungan ako ni Pangga magluto ng Lasagna with Bechamel Sauce and Chili Cheese Fries. <3

Nani cooking Bechamel sauce! 


9 comments:

  1. yummm! im drooling over the fries! i want this! i want this! waaah! you're making me hungrrrryyy! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Coline! :) I'll try to post more recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the recipe, gorgeous Maggie! I would definitely try this. Post more recipes :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pammy! :) Yey! Let me know kapag nakagawa ka na nito. ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Clair! :) Yup. Potatoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to try this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so good! will prepare this one cheat day (or some really festive occasion) -- potatoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Heavy kasi kung beef. :P Try bacon and sausages! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll try this on my bday-slash-cheatday. :D Pero papalitan ko ng bacon yung ground beef.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts