NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Monday, August 29, 2011

DIY Oatmeal Facial Mask





Oatmeal is a very good alternative for a facial cleanser or mask. It is natural and very affordable. I watched Bubzbeauty's video of Oatmeal Facial Scrub but since it was too messy I decided to do a facial mask instead. My DIY was quite similar to hers but I added some steps which I learned from other gurus. I discovered that to maximize the results of any facial mask, one needs to open up the pores first. I really want to buy Watsons' Facial Steamer but since I don't have it now, there is an alternative procedure for the same result. Other people put their face near a boiling/hot water which has a steamer effect. But I want an easier way to do that. I don't want my brothers to see me steaming my face in the kitchen anyway.


Well, Let's start.





First, you will need a small bowl where you can put the lukewarm water. 




Second, damp the towel to the lukewarm water. Test it first using the back of your hand before putting the towel on you face. This will help open up the pores and make it easier to remove the dirt. Gently pat the towel on your face for about 5 minutes. 




Tasted good when I accidentally put some oatmeal on my lips. haha


Third, get a handful of oatmeal. I suggest you get the original flavor. I was planning to eat this but decided to use this for the tutorial instead. Now, using the lukewarm water on the bowl, add a little water on the oatmeal and gently squeeze your hand. Just add enough water to make an oatmeal "paste". 


Food for the Face
Fourth, apply the oatmeal "paste" generously on your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes. 

Let it dry! 
 Finally, rinse you face and gently remove the mask. Follow it with your favorite moisturizer to lock in the moisture on your face. 

 breakouts on my forehead :( I really want to get rid of them.



Hello Eyebagssss! ^___^
Yey for clean face! 



Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. I do that too! Oatmeal mask! I just find it hard to remove when it dries!:(
    But it's really good noh? It calms the redness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mariz! I find it hard to remove too. Hehe. But it's worth it. Face feels clean afterwards. ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also watched this on Bubzbeauty's channel and she was right when she said it could clog the sink. I had to find out for myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately, mine didn't clog the sink. I think it's because the oatmeal paste is finer. ^__^ Either way, oatmeal is really messy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting! sounds healthy since it's all natural

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard how great the oat meal masks are that I really should try it one day! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i use this as facial wash and mask too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Eloisa! Ako recently lang ako nagstart nung nakita ko video ni Bubz. Does it treat acne too? I read some articles about it but not sure if it works. :P This was my fourth time of using oatmeal as mask. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i use oatmeal sometmes too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to do this but I'm really lazy haha! but oatmeals are really good for exfoliating your skin, have you tried using a tea facial wash? I have an officemate who have tried it and it worked really well...he used to have acne in his forehead too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope it works. ^___^ I want to get rid of the pimples on my forehead. I hate the feeling of bumps on my face. :P I haven't tried Tea facial wash. How do I make one?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear I wounder if it works also for acne scars I have a facial suna at home should I use it after it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Oatmeal Mask is known for removing acne scars. The desired result may not be immediate though. If you're planning to have a facial sauna, I recommend applying the mask after the sauna, which opens the pores. The oatmeal routine helps close the pores in the process and clears up acne scars. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts