NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Maggie's Banoffee Pie









 YUM! I made my own Banoffee Pie!

I've already made a total 5 pies just last weekend. As a matter of fact, it was my first time to bake a pie. I was very skeptical if I'd be able to produce a mouthwatering piece. And I guess my worry came from a fact that I didn't like cooking or baking before.

 I didn't like cooking because prep period was quite tedious and messy. I never thought I could survive the kitchen on my own. When our maid went on vacation this summer I was somehow "forced" to cook for the family. I am the only girl so it was quite a shame if I won't be of any help in the household. My mother wrote down some recipes I could follow so that after work (family business) I'd go straight home to cook for dinner. The first main dish I cooked was "Sinigang na Baboy". I wasn't confident with what I was doing so I just concentrated on the recipe and kept on tasting the dish. [I have good taste buds. Credits to being Kapampangan!] To everyone's surprise, I was able to make a good tasting sinigang. My father was very pleased cause he was the one who thought I didn't know any kitchen work. But I really knew how to cook at least the basics of cooking. It's just that I didn't like it before. After hearing the good comments from my relatives, I felt the urge to explore cooking and baking. 

Truly, a way to anyone's heart is through the stomach. :)

   I made three pies for the first batch. I gave one to Nani's Dad  as a birthday gift then I left the other two at home for my family. The pies only lasted for 2 days so I made another batch and I'm so happy my family loved them all!




The second batch was more of a personalized banoffee pie. I actually made a mistake of buying Evaporada instead of Condensed Milk so I wasn't able to create a toffee out of it. The label was Kremdensada so that sounded closer to Condensada than Evaporada Milk.. but I was wrong. Despite the mistake it still tasted good. I also melted marshmallows on top of the whipped cream since I love marshmallows. It was not a part of the regular recipe... but why not? LOVE MARSHMALLOWS!!!






I made the crust a bit chewy by adding cream to the crushed grahams. My mom liked crust that she ate it first before the filling.



:) I love Banoffee Pie... And I shared that love to my family. This was their first time to eat banoffee pie. As for me, I don't have to crave for Starbucks Banoffee pie since I can bake it on my own. Too bad I wasn't able to taste the last pie because my brothers didn't keep a slice for me. -_- I guess they're demanding for more pies this weekend. 


Thanks for reading!

Have a great week! ^__^

11 comments:

  1. OMG! This looks so good! >.<" I want Banoffee pie too! Makanyan talaga pag kapampangan neh... :3 Built in a manyaman magluto LOL! =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sugar Sugar! Kapampangan ka din pala! yehey! :) tama. Masarap talaga magluto mga Kapampangan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! actually, my mom is kapampangan quite unfortunately i didn't inherit her talent in cooking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad's Kapampangan and he's really great in cooking. He cooks for the family every Sunday. My big brother is the who inherited my dad's passion and talent for cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Geishcharles! I made another Banoffee Pie today but this time I added Strawberries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. his looks sooo YUMMY!! and to top off, i'm also obsessed with marshmallows! ( hint, my fiance calls me "marshy" and i call him "mallows" ) hehe.. I'll be posting our "story" on June 15. watch out for it..

    followed your blog too! :)

    http://pastelbluejacket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following! I'm looking forward to your posts. :) I love marshmallows too. :) hahahaha Sweet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SCRUMPTIOUUUS! :P
    Ahaha I envy your banoffee pie. Neat!
    My version's kinda messy.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, it looks soo yummy! keep on posting yummy treats...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tinee: Thanks Tinee! :) Mine took a lot of practice. -_- It was quite messy if I use condensed milk. I think it's better to use the evaporated one although I won't be able to make a toffee out of it. :P

    @Fat and Fabulouss: Thanks! I'll try to post other yummy stuffs. I'm planning to make Blueberry Cheesecake soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts