NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Monday, September 12, 2011

My Makeup Routine

Products in my makeup kit


My life as a student can be described as stressful and hectic. However, I make it a point that I have ample time to apply my makeup and avoid looking haggard in school. I try to use less make up products, as you will find later, and avoid looking overdone. Furthermore, I reserve a complete make up look (with the false eyelashes, mascara, lipstick, and all that) for special events/occasions so what I will be showing you is my typical makeup routine that  I've been using for years. I might have used different products but the procedure and the objective are one and the same- the natural healthy looking makeup. I want my skin to glow and look dewy; I want to look youthful and reserved. 


Although I wear make up, I still want to surprise people that my face can still be transformed to, I guess, a higher level. HAHA. Did I even make sense? I mean make up really transforms the face. It enhances the facial features of a person. So it really makes a difference on how you apply your make up. And the trend that I've been loving a lot is the "No Make up Makeup". I'm not a make up guru as I am not knowledgeable as to qualify teaching even the basic make up procedure. But I am just a simple girl how loves make up and I am hopeful that I can provide a decent look that can inspire or inform some of you who have not tried some of the tricks and tips I learned from the make up gurus I look up to. 

Anyway, I have a combination skin. And for that matter, I prefer using cake than liquid foundation. I only commute from and to our place and it is inevitable, because of the humidity in the Philippines, for my makeup to melt and smudge. 

I tried to look for multiple ways on how I can apply my make up and avoid looking oily in person and photographs. And recently I was able to discover a way of applying my make up that doesn't look oily yet dewy. Since I have oily T-zone, blemishes and pimples, I want to address my skin problems yet apply less makeup as much as possible. 



FACE

From left to right: Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake, Max Factor Weightless Foundation,
E.L.F. Healthy Glow Bronzer and E.L.F All Over Stick


Fanny Serrano Two Way Cake Foundation




I am currently using the shade Organza which I alternately use with the shade Silk. Silk is my exact skin tone match but sometimes I want to use Organza, which is a darker shade, to give my face a healthier glow especially if I'm using highlights and bronzers on my face. I love FS foundation because it doesn't cake on me.

I apply this foundation on my face, except on my cheeks (you'll know why later on), in a gentle patting motion. I want to evenly apply it on my face and the patting motion, rather than gliding the sponge upwards on the face, can help create a natural look. I apply it with a medium coverage so I only use a dry sponge. If you want a heavier coverage, you may wet the sponge then apply it on your face. And if you'll be using a brush, try to blend it well on your skin so that it can cover your blemishes well. 

MAX FACTOR WEIGHTLESS FOUNDATION

in Beige Linen

I mentioned previously that, as much as possible, I want to apply less make up. By including another foundation on the list, you might be wondering how this can be "less" make up. Well, the only reason why I apply liquid foundation is for a dewy-looking cheeks. I've watched GOSSMAKEUPARTIST's video on how to create a glowing, dewy-looking finish and he does it by setting his foundation with powder all over the face except on the cheeks where he applied a cream blush. Since I'm not a blush person I thought of using any liquid foundation that I have that has a dewy finish and, at the same time, good coverage for blemishes.

I am currently using Max Factor Weightless Foundation in Beige Linen but I alternately use it with Max Factor Second Skin, The Face Shop Professional Foundation in Shade 21, Revlon Colorstay, Revlon PhotoFinish foundation or Maybelline Mineral BB Cream. I apply this moderately on the apples of my cheeks for that glowing and youthful effect. 


E.L.F Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder

Luminance

This is my favorite bronzing powder and my 3rd Luminance powder. I love using this bronzer because it gives me a natural glowing skin. I apply this on the apples of my cheeks, my forehead and on the bridge of my nose. I've already hit the pan and been trying to finish this product before  I open another back up this. Yey!



E.L.F All Over Stick in Golden Peach




This is a good highlighter and/or blush. It has a bronze-y, peachy shade which really looks great on persons with warm skin tones. Whenever I'm in a hurry and have no time to apply my healthy glow bronzer, I just grab this and apply moderately on the apple of my cheeks and the bridge to the tip of my nose. Then, I blend it well on my skin to polish my dewy look. 

EYES

From Left to Right: Maybelline Brow Definist, Nichido Mineral Kohl Pencil in Black,
Ellana Mineral Bronzer in Light Roast




To Define my eyebrows, I use Maybelline Brow Definist and it makes my brows lighter. Then, I apply my eyeshadow and eyeliner to make my eyes look bigger. 

ELLANA MINERAL BRONZER





Although this is supposed to be a bronzer, I use this an eye shadow instead. I only put a little on my lids just to emphasize my eyes especially the crease. I have small Asian double lid eyes so using a brown eye shadow makes it look little bit hollow. 


LIPS

ELLANA LIP/CHEEK TINT

in Ruby







This is my favorite lip tint and I've been using it ever since I bought it. It gives me a very natural, healthy looking lips. And I also love the fact that it is in a pump bottle. Another good thing is that I have a friend who sells Ellana Minerals so I don't have to worry once I finish this up. ^__^

And that concludes my Make up Routine. Sometimes I spray water on my face too. I just copied that from a friend who told me that can make my makeup last and avoid caking of the foundation powder. :P


Using a Cellphone Camera: 





 Using a Digicam:




Using a SLR:







Have a great day! God Speed!

23 comments:

  1. Thank you Honey. But my skin isn't really flawless. I still have blemishes and pimples. It's the magic of the makeup! Haha! :) I think you can buy through their dealers or even on their website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visited your blog and followed it. Nice post about thrifted boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. followed you dear. i hope you drop by my blog too. thanks :)
    http://thedevilwearsukay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do have flawless skin! i wanted to try ellana products but i don't know where can i buy their products. boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a fuss-free makeup routine but you still manage to look pretty! :)

    How is the Max Factor foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that E.L.F Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder is love love love! i purchased that too and i love its effect on my face :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi babe, I love that dewy look on you. You are very pretty.

    http://mymariia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always look beautiful :) except for the brows >_< trim it a little bit >_<

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've hit pan already,yay~ your skin really glows and flawless looking.you're simply gorgeous my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have messy Eyebrows. :( But i don't want to trim it on my own. I suck at that. I'm afraid to end up with significantly uneven eyebrows (happened to me during my college years). So for now I've got to have time to visit Lay Bare or Let's face it for eyebrow threading! Haha! Thanks for reminding me! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it too! I never thought of replacing this with another highlighting powder! Thanks for visiting my site, Roseann! Glad to know we both super love love love it! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Pammy!

    About the Max Factor Foundation, I love it. It has a good coverage and it gives a dewy matte finish. The only thing I don't like about is that it doesn't last long on my face... maybe because of the humidity in the Philippines. And I don't like applying liquid foundation all over my face (unlike before) kasi kapag pinawisan ako... parang nagmemelt na din sa face ko. :P But if you have a dry to normal skin, this is definitely a good product. Binili ko to kasi I read Shen's post about it. :P She loved it too.

    http://www.shensaddiction.com/2011/02/max-factor-xperience-and-how-to-achieve.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. THank you, Locke! oo nga eh malapit ko na talaga maubos. Talagang sinisimot ko yung laman bago ako magbukas ng bago. hihihihi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maggie! Your skin looks very flawless~! ♥ I'm still experimenting when it comes to defining my brows though, can't seem to get it right since I don't really do them :P I've heard raves bout the FS two-way cake and I think I might give it a try, since it's cheaper than Majolica Majorca's :P


    PS - I think you misunderstood Wayne, he mentioned using foundie in the tutorial :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Val. I'm also experimenting how to define my eyebrows. haha! FS Two way cake is a really good Foundation. You should try it! :P

    PS. I watched the video again.. and understood what you meant. I guess the trick I was referring to is setting the powder foundation on the face except the cheeks where he applied the cream blush. Since I'm not a blush person I just recreated my own style inspired by his tutorial. Haha. I overlooked the part where he said he applied foundation all over the face then applied blush. :P Thanks Val!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, sorry for having you guess what I meant :P Have you tried cream blushers?? :D I recently just did because there was this sale at SanSan :P Haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, sorry for having you guess what I meant :P Have you tried cream blushers?? :D I recently just did because there was this sale at SanSan :P Haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's ok Val. I did misunderstand the beginning of the video. :P Thanks for telling me. Anyway, I haven't tried cream blushers. I'm not really a blush person but I'll check that out! ^__^ I heard Sansan is a good cosmetics brand too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey I heard about your question for Say! :)) Haha! Nice one :P Know what, I recently bought a matte lipstick (Barry M), I have been trying to like it but I just can't and the tip from Wayne (using them as cream blushers) works really well, at least I didn't waste the product! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Val! I haven't thought of using lipsticks as cream blush but that's a really great idea. I love Wayne. His tips are really practical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, I do. Kaka-add ko nga lang sayo eh. ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts