NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How to Style Curly Hair and Hair Products Update


Hello from my Handy dandy Camera


As most of you know, my hair is naturally thick, curly, wavy and frizzy. I am constantly changing the products I use in pursuit of finding the best product for my hair. At the same time, I want something affordable so that I can maintain it. 


Having a curly hair is not easy. I'd wake up in the morning hating the fact that I can't comb my hair and end up with it looking good. If you have a straight hair, it's probably easier to curl it than having a curly hair and try to straighten it. I've finish up the Professional Touch Styling Mousse and the Camellia Seed Oil. And now I bought new products and I hope they will work better for me.


Products I'm currently using: 

From left to right: V05 Extra Body Styling Mousse, 
Hair Treats Natural Fusion and
Hair Treats Color series with Vitamin E 

Hair Treats Natural Fusion and Color Series with Vitamin E

I bought this product because my Tita (Aunt) recommended this to me. She told me it would make my hair soft and shiny. Luckily Watsons sells these for Buy 1 Take 1. Yey! I gave the other two to my mom so that she can also try both products. ^__^ True enough, it did make my hair shiny the whole day. The yellow one costs Php 139 and the other costs Php 79.




This is pricier than the Professional Touch Styling Mousse. But it is still affordable at a price of Php 219. I bought it since I've read good reviews about it. And it can make the curls last the whole day and give you that wet look without drying your hair. Another thing I like about this mousse is the 24 hour humidity protection. I definitely need that for a product since it's very humid here in the Philippines. At the same time, it can help prevent your hair from frizzing.
  




I style my hair by straightening my bangs. I just want the curls from the middle to the end of my hair. Some people actually thought I had my hair digitally permed. 
But NO. No, I didn't. :P


To achieve this hair look, here are some simple and easy steps:


1. After taking a bath, apply hair shine/oil from the middle to the tips of the hair. Scrunch you hair and make sure the product is evenly applied.

2. Spray water to your hair and continue to scrunch it.

3. Make few sections of your hair and separately twirl them with your fingers.

4. Use a flat iron and straighten your bangs and some hairs on each side of your head. (Optional- you may do this if you have bangs or shorter hair on the front

5. Brush the top of your hair to make sure that the curls and the straightened hair blends well together. 

6. Finally, use a mousse and gently scrunch your hair again. This will make a wet hair look and at the same time maintain the curls all through out the day. 







BTW I'm wearing EB Matte in Mauvey. ^__^


Embrace your Curls! :)
That's all folks! ^__^

12 comments:

  1. Thanks tintin! When I was younger I never liked my curls but my hairstylist transformed it into something I can settle with for the rest of my life. Hahaha! You may think have bad curls but really, it's all about the hair cut. ^__^ Get a good hairstylist and she/he can transform your curls beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the V05 hair spray, I should really give their hair mousse a try. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should try it! hehehe! i really like it cause it's foamy! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always admired your curly hair..and now i know it's 100% natural :) blessed girl.. i might give the hair shine a try,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for the tip in my blog. And thank you SO much for recommending these products.

    I am currently using Monea Curl Defining Lotion but it doesn't keep the frizz away. Now, I'm planning to buy the V05 mousse.

    Unfortunately, my hair is still recovering from all the rebonding so I'm keeping my iron for now, hehe. But until I have grown my hair, I'll surely try your tip on straightening the front section.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Belle! Hehehe! Sometimes I am tempted to have my hair rebonded again. But it's so high maintenance. :P So Curly Hair Wins! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, Amel! :)

    I haven't tried Monea Curl Defining Lotion but I heard about it a few times from other bloggers. I really need something to prevent frizzing and my hair stylist told me that for curly hair, the best product is mousse. I believed her because after she cut my hair and put the mousse on it, my hair stayed tamed the whole day. VO5 is well known for their hair products so I recommend you to try it! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, i love your hai! 
    love your pretty face without make-up!your natural brows are really gorgeous. hope you can keep 'em up honey.
    natural beauty is much much much BEAUTIFUL!
    loveyah baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Diane. I did apply make up though. Hindi halata kasi di rin ako magaling sa eye makeup. :( wahehehe. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your curls. I have a bad curls.. Thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing these products, I might try the V05 after I finish the monea curling lotion and The Face Shop's curling wax...although my hair is not frizzy maybe because mine is not a natural curl, I just had it digipermed... btw, i love how you styled your hair. Hope this product works well with your crowning glory :) 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try the VO5. I super love the scent too! ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts