NuffnangX

Followers

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, the products I review are items I have bought personally. I am not paid to write reviews for any product and I don't receive any type of compensation for advertising the same. Unless explicitly stated, I have no affiliation or relationship with the supplier of the products. Please be aware that my reviews about them, whether or not personally bought, are my honest opinion.

NANI+ MAGGIE'S Youtube Channel!

Category

Bon Marche (3) Brushes (2) DIY (2) Eyebrows (4) Eyes (26) Face (40) fashion (8) Food (24) FOTD (11) Hair (18) KKcenterHK (4) Lips (33) LOTD (5) Manels (1) Nails (32) NaniGGie (4) OOTD (13) Product Review (25) Relationship (6) Shoes (5) Skin Care (17) The Pinkish Hub (2) Underarm (1)

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Brow Girl: Thick or thin?



I love thick brows. I don't know how many times I mentioned this in my blog. But I know I mentioned it a lot. I just want to show you, girls, my transformation whenever I shape my brows. 




Eye brows shape your eyes and it can shape your face as well. For me, thin brows don't look good on me because they only emphasize my small eyes. At the same time they make me look more mature and older. So I decided that if I'm going to shape my brows, I want thick ones. I want them to appear longer and thicker.


To illustrate here's a picture of me with and without shaping my brows. 


Without and with

See the difference?

Here's another picture.


I look better with thicker brows. For those who might  be wondering, I did experience having thinner brows. Although it didn't look that bad, thinner brows make my eyes look puffy. -_- So I'm not comfortable looking like I just woke up or I cried all night. :P 

I use brow pencil that is one shade lighter than my hair color. And I'm also using brow powder to lighten it more. :P
Current Brand is Nichido Brow Liner And Maybelline Brow Definist.



So. Hurray for thick brows. :)




Have a nice day everyone! :)

14 comments:

  1. i came across this girl in YT and she looks exactly like you...unfortunately i forgot the name pfftt... cutie:)) see you on friday!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehehe there's a chance that that girl is me cause I have a youtube account too. :P or.. not. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. nopie! she's a korean! haha! DM me via twitter aite? C u !

    ReplyDelete
  4. In addition to the brow pencil and powder, do you pluck/shave your brows too? Sorry if that was a weird question, I've been wanting to work on my brows lately but idk where to start. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you. (: Yay for naturally thick eyebrows! I think thicker eyebrows make you look more innocent & it softens up the face, like on almost all Asian models. When I started plucking, my mom used to yell at me to stop because she said "thicker eyebrows give you character". Hahaha. Not too big of a fan for those thin, drawn on ones but some people can pull it off. (:

    You look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. You look perfect with thick brows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Charles: :P I don't know what you mean by DM. Hahaha. I'll just follow you on twitter. It's just frustrating cause internet connection was terrible last night. I wasn't able to log in to my twitter. :P boo Smartbro. :(

    @Dee: Initially, I don't pluck my own brows(only do for maintenance... hope I didn't confuse you). hehehe I'm so afraid to do so cause I might not shape them symmetrically or at least close to being symmetrical. O_O What I do is I have them thread @ Let's face it or Lay Bare. Actually in this picture... I haven't plucked my brows. O_O hehe But whenever I have them thread, I just tell them to remove the stray hairs on the bottom part and have them neatly thread the tip of my brows. I don't know how to accurately describe it but I just tell them I want something like Heart Evangelista's Brows. HAHAHA. I maintain the shape by plucking the bottom part only. But most of the time I don't cause I am so lazy. O_O :P Sorry if I'm not that helpful about plucking/shaving.

    @Tiffo: Yey for natural thick brows. My mom tells that to me too. When I had my 18th birthday (debut in the Philippines is like sweet 16 there in the US), the stylist shaved my brows and I was so sad cause my brows became thinner. Although, of course, I can make them look thicker by using makeup, I'm not comfortable washing my face and then seeing THIN BROWS. :( I looked way mature. It is only recently that I'm comfortable having someone else shape my eyebrows. But this time I tell them what I really want. And most of the time, I use celebrities as reference. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jes: Thanks! Are you going to BU? You should go so that we can meet up with all the other girls. :P hehehe. It would be fun to meet you, finally, in flesh. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Para kang si Erich. :)
    Thick eyebrows suit you.
    I used to have SUPER DUPER THICK EYEBROWS. Umaabot na sa lids. :) When I got my eyebrows plucked, it looked nicer. Unfortunately, na-over plucked siya one time. Bakla kasi yung nag-ppluck sa kin. Ayun.
    Tumanda face ko. :| Right now, I'm growing them until they get thick and get it redone in brow house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tinee. Bakla din yung nagshave ng eyebrows ko na medyo thin. Dunno pero cguro mahilig nilang ishape ang brows na thin. lol. I don't want to look mature. Ok na sakin yung mukhang bata lang ako kahit magulo pa kilay ko. Kapag pumupunta kasi ako sa salon parang galit sila sa eyebrows ko eh. Lagi silang nag-aayang magpapluck ako. panipisan ko daw. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prefer thick eyebrows too, you have such lovely brows and you're so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jasmin. :) I'm a big fan of thick Brows. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are sooooooo prety maggie ;]

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww... Thanks Nixiquita! :) I read your other comment and it made me very happy. Thank you for reading my blog and all of my posts. I'll try my best to make my blog more fun and interesting!

    PS. I want to meet you in person too. :) I hope one day I'll be able to meet my readers! I saw you blog and I wish that you continue blogging! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts